Black Point Manor
5 Bedrooms | 10 bathrooms | 10,800 square feet
464 feet of Geneva Lake Frontage | 5 Acres
offered at $8,495,000
Situated on the most historical site on Geneva Lake, Black Point Manor is a one of a kind architectural masterpiece. The home was built by Thelen Total Construction, Inc and was completed in 2002. It was designed and built with intricate details and the finest finishes. Lake views are captured from almost every room and the layout was intended to have space with indoor/outdoor flow to host large gatherings yet allowing the family to feel comfortable with more intimate space for everyday use.
Black Point Manor is accessed through a private winding drive leading to the estate set on five acres of woods and gardens and with 464 feet of Geneva Lake frontage. Over 200 tons of stone and concrete columns, balustrades and architectural detail went into the completion of this property. A courtyard fountain and motor court with elegant porte cochere highlight the entrance.
The intricate detail of the stucco and stone exterior are accented by the dramatic 10 foot wrought iron arched double doors, which is reminiscent of European estates of the past. The interior space showcases incredible volume and scale, from the soaring ceilings and stone columns, to the gracefully curved Cherrywood staircase crowned by a domed ceiling. The home exhibits artistry that is seldom seen to this degree.
The main floor features a grand foyer with stunning chandelier that can be raised and lowered by a switch in the cloak room. The sunken Great Room has 14 foot ceilings, a hand carved marble fireplace, custom designed tin ceiling, cherry hardwood flooring and opens to a stone balcony that directly overlooks Geneva Lake and Black Point Lagoon.
The large formal Dining Room, with custom Italian silk chandeliers, is highlighted with a custom mural that was duplicated from a post card of the historic Black Point Lagoon in 1904. Three steamers that were housed in the lagoon and the drawbridge that provided the access to the lake, can be seen. The mural provides us with a reminder of the historical significance of this property.
The kitchen boasts twelve foot ceilings, two islands, breakfast bar and Viking and SubZero appliances including 3 ovens, 2 dishwashers, warming drawer, refrigerator and two refrigerator drawers. There’s a Butlers Prep Pantry with ice maker and two refrigerator drawers, a China Room, Storage Pantry with SubZero freezer and wine cooler, as well as an exterior grilling station that overlooks the pool.
One of the most comfortable rooms in the home is the Hearth Room, which opens from the kitchen and has a cozy gas fireplace. There’s also access to the oversized four car garage that is heated and has easy access to attic storage.
The Lakeside Morning Room offers stunning views of the lake and lagoon and is the perfect place to dine with friends and family. It features a custom crafted wainscoting ceiling cut to perfect specifications.
The Library features custom Mahogany cabinetry that was designed and built by John Adams, the designer of the Milwaukee Library. The design came from a scene in the movie “A Few Good Men.” The library has leather tile flooring and flows to the Sitting Room and then onto the Master Suite. Between the Library and Master Suite is a bar that is perfect for grabbing a morning coffee or a cocktail to wind down later in the day.
The Master Suite features gorgeous lake views, a custom wainscoting ceiling, fireplace, bar area with small refrigerator and sink, his and hers dressing areas, private patio and tranquil master bath. You’ll find top of the line bathroom fixtures, including the Kohler Riverbath Whirlpool Tub with built-in waterfall and Kohler Body Spa Performance Shower. The walls have gold dust integrated into the venetian plaster, casting a soft glow in low light.
Panoramic lake views are the backdrop of the second floor Lounge, which is the perfect place to entertain. The Lounge has an exceptional Mahogany bar with dishwasher, small refrigerator, wine cooler, ice maker and Art Deco lighting. There’s access to a large patio over the Porte Cochere and a spectacular treetop view of Geneva Lake and Black Point Lagoon through the oversized windows. There’s a half bath on this floor with copper tiles from Spain, as well as a storage area.
The lower level was designed for entertaining and easy access to the pool and lake. It features a large family room, four bedroom suites, a Game Room, Changing Room with sauna, as well as three terraces.
The sunken Family Room has 12 foot ceilings and opens to a stone terrace overlooking the lagoon and lake. It has a snack bar with refrigerator, ice maker, and sink as well as a North Carolina handmade brick gas fireplace and an entertainment center.
Follow the barrel vaulted ceiling to the four ensuite bedrooms with large built-in closets. Three of the rooms have access to secluded terraces with views of the lake and lagoon. One of the suites is larger than the others and has a tray ceiling, making it a possible second master bedroom or “in law” suite. This room has wheel-chair accessibility.
The lower level also includes a Game Room with a fireplace and access to a covered private terrace. It’s the perfect place to play games and relax. There’s also a Changing Room with direct access to the pool and cabana and is a place for guests to prep for the outdoors and pool. There’s a large changing area, locker/bins for storage of guest swimwear, a full bath and an electric dry-heat sauna.
The crown jewel of the property is the pool oasis. The 40’x23’ heated inground pool is surrounded by a Romanesque arched stone wall backdrop and extensive landscaping, providing privacy at the pool. The spacious stamped concrete pool apron is an ideal setting for summer gatherings as it looks out over Geneva Lake and Black Point Lagoon. A new 27ml pool liner was installed in October 2017. The pool depth is 3.5’ at each end and 5’ in the center, perfect for water games or lap swimming. The hot tub is adjacent to, but independent of, the pool and there is an outdoor sound system, as well.
The Cape Cod style Cabana is pool side with a living room, full bathroom, and wet bar (complete with sink, refrigerator and ice maker.) With its audio system, full basement and furnace, this space could also be used as an extra guest quarters.
Black Point Manor offers 464 feet of level Geneva Lake frontage on the historic Black Point site. The large pier has four boat slips and two 5,000 lb shore stations. One of the boat slips is extra wide and slightly deeper to accommodate a larger boat. This home is on the summer mailboat delivery route. Mail is delivered daily by the mailboat and placed in the mailbox on the pier. There’s also a sandy beach area to the west of pier.
The grounds feature extensive perennial gardens and the entire property is irrigated with water from Geneva Lake. There are 18 zones that extend from the lakefront to the entrance balustrades, resulting in lush healthy grass and vibrant gardens.
Black Point Manor is a one-of-a-kind estate with its expansive shoreline, historic lagoon, and five acres of woods and gardens. It’s no wonder it’s one of the most recognizable properties on Geneva Lake.
Multiple Listing Service Number: 1634890
· Cat 5 wiring throughout the home. Network on server connections are in LL storage room
· 4 circuit breaker panels with 800 AMP service
· 6 Rheem furnaces with electronic air filters and humidifiers. Separate ventilation system to pull cool air from lower level to upper level in the summer (and reverse in the winter.) There are four furnaces with 9 zones that supply the residence, one furnace in the cabana, and one furnace for the garage.
· Kolbe and Kolbe custom windows
· Beam central vacuum system
· Kohler fixtures throughout entire home
· Septic – 3 tanks, oversized system
· Private well
· Roof on home and cabana - replaced in 2018 due to hail damage
· Post lights and lighting throughout the property
· Generator was installed in September 2014 with panel in the Water Room
· Water Room in lower level contains the reverse osmosis water filtration system, two alternating Addie water softener tanks so one can regenerate while the other is being used. ADT security and driveway vehicle announcement
· Downspouts - all gutters are oversized and are directed through underground drainage pipes to the lagoon, so there is no water run-off.
· Fascia board on exterior is 1 1/2 “ thick cedar, for longer life span and should not rot.
· Irrigation system – separate pressure tank supplies water to system, front fountain, pool lion fountain spouts and lagoon.
· Water system for the residence – two 80 gallon hot water tanks
· Voyager System – this commercial system is sized to handle the demands of a property this size and supplies whirlpool, all baths and showers, etc.
· Doors – 1 ¾” cherry wood throughout with brass hinges and finial
· Gables – every gable end is framed with crown molding
· Flower Beds have drainage pipes to the pond
· Nine gas fireplaces. Three fireplaces- in the great room, lower level family room and second level lounge can be converted to wood burning, if desired.
· Five local craftsmen companies were employed, due to the large volume, to create the cabinetry throughout the home that replicated classical styles
· The second floor Lounge has genuine Axminister 100% pure wool carpeting from England (with 27 colors) and comes with a 150 year warranty.
· Prior survey shows an easement along western edge of the property, that has since been vacated. A new smaller easement around the perimeter of the neighbor’s driveway is now recorded.